| < December >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 2 °C (35.6 °F).
- The average temperature in Helsinki in December is slightly cold at -3 °C (26.6 °F).
- Afternoons can be slightly cold with average high temperatures reaching -1 °C (30.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -5 °C (23 °F).
- The variation/ range of daily mean temperatures in December is 4 °C (7.2 °F).
- The weather in December is marginally dry with periodic periods of snow. Only 66mm (2.6in) of water is laid down during an average of 20 days.
- The heavens above Helsinki are extremely dismal with on balance a grim 0:34 of brilliant solar radiation per day.
- The shortest day is 5:50 long and the longest day is 6:23 long with an average length of 5:59.
- There are approximately 5:01 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 10.4% of daylight hours and cloudy 89.6% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Helsinki December averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for December in Helsinki, Finland
Navigate to December Weather in Locations Surrounding Helsinki: