| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 1 °C (33.8 °F).
- The average temperature in Helsinki in January is cold at -6 °C (21.2 °F).
- Afternoons can be slightly cold with average high temperatures reaching -3 °C (26.6 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally cold with an average low of -9 °C (15.8 °F).
- In January the average diurnal temperature range/ variation is 6 °C (10.8 °F).
- The weather in January is slightly dry with periodic periods of snow. Only 56mm (2.2in) of water is dropped across on average 20 days.
- In January the blue above Helsinki is dismal having on average a murky 1:05 of bright sunshine per day.
- The shortest day is 6:00 long and the longest day is 7:49 long with an average length of 6:47.
- There are approximately 5:19 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 17.1% of daylight hours and cloudy 82.9% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Helsinki January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Helsinki, Finland
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Helsinki: